We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a passion for collaboration, innovation, building relationships and helping grow the digital economy to take our local centres and wider community relationships to the next level. Based in one of our local centres – Bradford, you will be responsible for the day to day relationship building for several geographical areas.
Working with the local centres, the centre programme manager, the Clusters and Communities team and the wider digital catapult team, you will help find and create projects, grow engaged communities and work with the centres to help us achieve our mission of delivering breakthroughs for the UK’s data sharing movement.
• Build relationships with local centres and their consortia
• Work closely with the Clusters and Communities team to engage deeply with local communities
• Be the local digital catapult representative for meetings, updates and networking
• Work with the digital catapult to share information, knowledge and opportunities
• Work with partners and communities to help find and deliver new opportunities for projects and collaborations in our focus areas
• Identify the hot topics that the network should be involved with to ensure we are delivering value to the community and to the rest of the UK
• A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
• Business development experience
• Able to work with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and levels of seniority
• Understanding and experience of the innovation funding landscape
• Proven track record of customer and relationship management experience.
• A highly motivated team player, extremely organised with an excellent eye for detail.
• Ability to form successful working relationships with partners, community and colleagues across the business
• Proactive individual who is capable and confident in making suggestions and decisions.
• Passion and knowledge of the technology and digital sector
• Knowledge of local digital communities or how to navigate them
• Experience of CRM systems, ideally Salesforce
• Experience of delivering events and workshops
• Able to think creatively and use your contacts to find new potential funding and business
What does success look like for this role?
• The local centres that you work with consider you part of their team
• You are there for the digital catapult to gather insight and rally local communities and represent them at meet ups, events, roadshows, festivals, conferences
• You support the Clusters and Communities team and are their local ‘person on the ground’
• There is an exciting and continual pipeline of projects from ideas to delivery – that bring academia, innovators, smes and public sector together to deliver in our focus areas.