Business Growth Hub Relationship Manager
Greater Manchester’s Business Growth Hub, part of the Manchester Growth Company, and was the first Growth Hub established in England in 2011. The Hub provides a range of services from help to access finance to advice on developing a new product. Our focus is on supporting businesses which have the potential for growth, helping them to achieve their goals and create new employment. To support this aim we have developed an extensive network of over 170 public and private partners, including the ten local authorities that make up the Greater Manchester area. This partner base is one of the Hub’s key strengths and is integral to providing businesses with easy access to the support and advice they need, across Greater Manchester and beyond. It is crucial that our partners continue to act as champions for the Hub, working with us in directing clients to the appropriate expertise and resources, and ensuring we continue to be seen as the place to go for expertise and resources.
We are now looking to recruit a confident individual, passionate about building productive relationships, who has a strong people-focus, with the ability to communicate a compelling message effectively, influencing decision-makers externally and within the Hub. Enthusiastic and commercially-minded, the right individual will also have the ability to present confidently to a variety of audiences and will strengthen our engagement with partners, developing new mutually beneficial opportunities for collaboration and service delivery.
To be suitable for the role, applicants will need to have a relevant background in business support or business development, and a demonstrable track record of shaping and delivering successful partnership strategies that build productive relationships.
The applicant will need to draw on their own practical experience to successfully work with senior managers and teams across delivery, events and marketing to achieve success.
• Able to establish, develop and maintain relationships with private and public sector organisations, including commercial, government bodies, NGOs and consultancies.
• Ability to work effectively with senior private and/or public sector contacts.
• Ability to influence others and secure buy-in both from partners and Business Growth Hub staff
Knowledge / Experience
• Understanding of the business support environment.
• Knowledge of national and local economic development strategy.
• Previous experience operating as an ambassador on a sub-regional, regional and/or national platform to promote business support service objectives to a range of audience
• Practical experience of relationship building and management
• Stakeholder communications, such as via print, digital or the media
This post is part-funded by European Regional Development Funds within the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme.
For further details on the role and to download the job description please visit http://businessgrowthhub.com/vacancies
If you wish to apply for this vacancy or any of the others, please, complete the accompanying application form stating the reference number and send your application to email@example.com or HR Advice, Business Growth Hub, Lee House, 90 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5JW.
Salary £29,219 – £36,524
A higher salary may be offered to an exceptional candidate.
The closing date for applications is at 4pm on Friday 7 October 2016.