Job Title: Business Advisor – (Dimension 3) – Innovation Advisor (Ref: IA4796)
Salary: Up to £47,645 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term until April 2017
Based: Manchester City Centre
Greater Manchester’s Business Growth Hub has a vacancy for an experienced individual who is passionate about business innovation and wants to become part of our growing team of specialist innovation advisors, delivering high quality support services to business with opportunities to achieve growth.
The applicant will have a background in industry or technology and provide practical, in-depth advice services to business owners and senior managers of companies looking to invest in innovation and the development of new products, process or services. The applicant will join a team that helps identify market opportunities and diagnose any barriers which may be holding back innovation and the exploitation of new technology or ideas. This includes providing hands-on support to find the best resources, expertise or funding required to achieve the businesses’ objectives.
Drawing on your own practical experience, you will work with a range of partners including Innovate UK, universities, research establishments and private sector specialists. Your main responsibilities will focus on engaging businesses and the delivery of the service to encourage increased investment in research and innovation, and to support collaboration across Greater Manchester and beyond.
The successful applicants will be a well-established and confident individual, with significant experience in business innovation, including research and development. Previous experience in the delivery of business support or consultancy services is also desirable.
• Sales and account management skills
• Presentation skills, both written and oral
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Excellent planning, organisational, administrative and project management skills
• Well-developed IT skills, including an understanding of computerised management information systems, spreadsheets, diary management, e-mail and CRM databases.
Qualifications, knowledge / Experience
• At least degree level business education, or degree level qualification with a management body or the relevant business experience to match this
• Understanding and experience of using project management techniques
• Technical knowledge in the key areas of product or process development and/or science
• Over 10 years of sector(s)/business experience in the private sector, including at a senior management or director level
• Proven track record in managing the range of business issues associated with periods of business growth
• Proven track record in working effectively in a professional team
• Professional experience and approach to managing and delivering business assessment, advice and development
For further details on the role and how to apply please visit: http://www.manchestergrowth.co.uk/jobs.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 27 May 2016
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.