deltatre is looking to hire a highly technical individual with knowledge in the broadcasting field as well as a strong knowledge of complex IT systems. The role will be on a full time basis, and will see the successful applicant join a team whose role it is to operate, support and maintain existing graphics systems, as well as help design and implement new systems for specific projects for multiple well known clients in the sporting and broadcasting world. This is a technically demanding role and requires the individual to be a strong team player, possess the ability to multitask, and be able to perform calmly and efficiently under pressure. With the nature of the role, significant weekend work will be required.
To work as part of a team supporting live television operations at MediaCityUK in Salford, Greater Manchester. The individual must be able to learn quickly and efficiently and be able to produce reliable documentation as they will be trained to implement and support a combination of deltatre’s own and 3rd party products and services.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supporting and configuring broadcast graphics rendering hardware and software
• Supporting and configuring virtual camera tracking systems
• Supporting and configuring touchscreen systems
• Broadcast Engineering including mixing next-generation broadcast and IT solutions
• Design and specification of video and broadcast solutions
• Troubleshoot software and hardware related problems across multiple platforms and devices
• Scheduling upgrade and backups of hardware and software systems
• Supporting mixed workstation/laptop environment of Win XP / Win 7 / Win 10 / OSX / Linux
• Understanding of HTML, web interfaces, XML configurations
• Understanding of IIS/SQL/Windows Server/Virtual Machines
• Some experience working within the broadcast industry
• Strong IT skills (both Mac and Windows)
• Good communication skills for providing user support
• Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and user support
• Ability to work in a fast paced and highly pressured environment
• Willingness to work weekend and evening shifts as required
• Knowledge of best practice for IT security
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Networking including Microsoft Exchange, SQL and Active directory.
• Degree educated, with a Broadcast Media Technology focus (desirable)