Main Purpose of Job
We are looking for someone with a keen interest in photography, print and web. You will be working as part of a small team. Your primary roles will be to communicate with team members and clients, and to ensure all projects are completed effectively and efficiently.
This opportunity is perfect for school/college leavers with real passion, attention to detail and enthusiasm for everything creative. With this wonderful opportunity there is also the possibility of gaining a degree with our new apprenticeship scheme which is run with MMU. You will have the chance to attend university once a week to complete an Information Technology Solutions Degree.
1. Assisting with creating and updating images for print
2. Assisting with creating and updating images for web
3. Communicating regularly with other team members
4. Communicating via email with clients, and telephone when required
5. Assisting with managing projects from beginning to end. Including; initial contact, quotations, closing sales, concepts, production, signing off, updates and reviews
6. Assisting with managing outsourced photographers, designers, illustrators, programmers, researchers, marketers (training will be given)
7. Assisting with installing and maintaining hardware and software
8. Meeting agreed deadlines
9. To work both independently and as part of a team
10. Assisting with expanding our photography services through developing sources of new business
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake additional duties of a similar responsibility level as and when required.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in photography for print and web. We want someone who has experience using camera and editing software alike. We need someone with excellent communication skills and the desire to work hard, be creative, learn new things and develop their skill sets.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• No formal qualifications required
• Experience using photography equipment
• Experience using computers
• Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
• Experience using websites
• Experience sending emails
• Knowledge of photography composition
• Be familiar with Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
• Accuracy and consistency as a photographer
• A passion for photography
• Be practical with a keen eye for detail
• Good interpersonal skills
Beneficial Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• Experience editing images
• Experience organising photography shoots
• Dealing with customers (in person / via email / on the phone)
• Experience of Adobe Photoshop
• Interest in images for print
• Interest in images for web
• Knowledge of marketing
• Sales experience
• Ability to work under pressure
• Willingness to learn new skills and rise to new challenges
This vacancy is part of the government apprenticeship programme. The successful candidate will spend one day a week at college, and four days a week in our offices gaining first-hand experience.
The successful candidate will follow the Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Photo Imaging. This is designed to give apprentices the skills to work in the Photo Imaging industry, either as a photographer or in digital image production.
The Apprenticeship programme lasts one year, and on completion the apprentice will have gained valuable qualification and will be offered a full-time graphic design role.
The Apprenticeship covers the following:
• Understand legal and ethical requirements relating to photo imaging
• Contribute to good working relationships
• Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
• Agree the photo imaging brief
• Undertake colour management procedures
• Undertake the photographic assignment
• Plan and organise the photographic assignment
• Evaluate and acquire photo imaging technology and/or equipment
• Start up and shut down laboratory equipment
• Use minilab equipment to process and print images
• Operate a digital kiosk to edit and enhance images