We are looking for someone with a passion for design and a keen interest in creating graphics for print and web. You will be working as part of a small team. Your primary roles will be to communicate with team members and clients, and to ensure all projects are completed effectively and efficiently.
This opportunity is perfect for school/college leavers with real passion, attention to detail and enthusiasm for everything creative. With this wonderful opportunity there is also the possibility of gaining a degree with our new apprenticeship scheme which is run with MMU. You will have the chance to attend university once a week to complete an Information Technology Solutions Degree.
1. Organising and managing projects effectively and efficiently.
2. Assisting with creating graphics that look good, and convert well.
3. Assisting with updating existing graphics.
4. Communicating regularly with other team members.
5. Communicating via email and telephone with clients, when required.
6. Assisting with the management of projects from beginning to end. Including; initial contact, quotations, closing sales, development, amendments, signing off, marketing campaigns, updates and reviews.
7. Assisting with the management of outsourced developers, designers, illustrators, programmers, researchers, marketers (training will be given).
8. Assisting with installing and maintaining hardware and software.
9. Meeting agreed deadlines.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake additional duties of a similar responsibility level as and when required.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in creating graphics for print and web. We want someone who has experience using computers and websites alike. We need someone with excellent communication skills and the desire to work hard, be creative, learn new things and develop their skill sets.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• Experience using computers
• Experience using Microsoft Office products (word and Excel)
• Experience using websites
• Experience sending emails
• Knowledge of the internet
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills, writing skills and people skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Good IT skills.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• Able to correctly prioritise tasks.
• Must have a passion for design
• Take pride in your work.
• Willing to travel occasionally.
• Must be keen to progress, learn and adapt to new environments and challenging situations.
• Not afraid to get involved in a project outside of a traditional skill set.
Beneficial Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• Experience creating graphics (for print and web)
• Experience building/editing websites
• Dealing with customers (in person / via email / on the phone)
• Experience of Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Interest in design of websites
• Interest in coding websites
• Interest in marketing
• Knowledge of search engines
• Sales experience.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Willingness to learn new skills and rise to new challenges.
• The persistence to work hard to achieve the best possible outcome.
• Experience of breaking down large projects into smaller tasks and prioritise them accordingly.
• Understanding of cost and best value
What are the career opportunities?
On completion of this apprenticeship, apprentices will have many opportunities to develop within the following areas:
• Graphic design
• Web design
• Marketing & Sales
• Client management