We are looking for someone with a passion for design and a keen interest in creating graphics for print and web. You will be working as part of a small team. Your primary roles will be to communicate with team members and clients, and to ensure all projects are completed effectively and efficiently.
This opportunity is perfect for school/college leavers with real passion, attention to detail and enthusiasm for everything creative. With this wonderful opportunity there is also the possibility of gaining a degree with our new apprenticeship scheme which is run with MMU. You will have the chance to attend university once a week to complete an Information Technology Solutions Degree.
1. Organising and managing projects effectively and efficiently.
2. Assisting with creating graphics that look good, and convert well.
3. Assisting with updating existing graphics.
4. Communicating regularly with other team members.
5. Communicating via email and telephone with clients, when required.
6. Assisting with the management of projects from beginning to end. Including; initial contact, quotations, closing sales, development, amendments, signing off, marketing campaigns, updates and reviews.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake additional duties of a similar responsibility level as and when required.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in creating graphics for print and web. We want someone who has experience using computers and websites alike. We need someone with excellent communication skills and the desire to work hard, be creative, learn new things and develop their skill sets.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• Experience using computers
• Experience using Microsoft Office products (word and Excel)
• Experience using websites
• Experience sending emails
• Knowledge of the internet
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills, writing skills and people skills.
Beneficial Skills / Experience / Qualities:
• Experience creating graphics (for print and web)
• Experience building/editing websites
• Dealing with customers (in person / via email / on the phone)
• Experience of Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Interest in design of websites
• Interest in coding websites
• Interest in marketing
• Knowledge of search engines
• Sales experience.
• Ability to work under pressure.
This vacancy is part of the government apprenticeship programme. The successful candidate will spend one day a week at college, and four days a week in our offices gaining first-hand experience.
The Apprenticeship programme lasts one year, and on completion the apprentice will have gained valuable qualification and will be offered a full-time graphic design role.
The Apprenticeship covers the following:
• Preparing documents
• Writing presentations and assisting with briefs
• Learning and utilising software
• Supporting in developing, amending and drafting final illustrations for review
• Designing and producing collateral
• Preparing and proofing copy for online and offline, internal and external marketing and communication materials
• Using illustration to visually communicate information of a technical nature
• Working on print based materials, presentations, art work and graphics
At the end of the programme apprentices will have achieved:
• EDI/Edexcel Level 2/3 NVQ Certificate in Design
• Edexcel BTEC Level 2/3 Extended Certificate in Art and Design
• Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
What are the career opportunities?
On completion of this apprenticeship, apprentices will have many opportunities to develop within the following areas:
• Graphic design
• Web design
• Marketing & Sales
• Client management