What’s the role all about?
Would you love to be involved in creating some of the most talked about events in Manchester, London, Leeds and Scotland? Do you want to play a part in bringing communities together for launch parties, fundraising events, networking, creative sessions and conferences in a stunning venue? If so we may have a place for you at UKFast!
We’re growing our events team at UKFast after huge success with events such as InspireMCR, eCommerce Live and our Mission Christmas appeal with Bauer Media and Key103. In this role you get to build amazing relationships with existing customers, develop opportunities with the wider business community and plan the events strategy for a multi award winning, family owned business.
If you’re looking for a forward-thinking, fast growing business and you thrive in a fast-paced environment with an amazing team culture, we want to hear from you.
What will my responsibilities be?
• Planning, marketing and managing events, large and small, from 1,000 strong awards ceremonies and charity fundraisers to dinners with government officials and royal visits, and everything in between.
• Creating memorable events that inspire and make an impact
• Producing and delivering invitations and marketing material that moves people to get involved
• Working in a dynamic company, entering one of the most exciting periods of growth we’ve ever had. Events are at the heart of that.
• Creating online interaction ahead of an event and following up with feedback post-event
What skills do I need to have?
• A good communicator
• Goal orientated and driven
• A team player who is enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude
• Able to prioritise, multi-task and work on own initiative
• Looking for the opportunity to develop and step up to bigger and greater challenges to join an organisation with a defined path for progression
• Adaptable and experienced working within a fast paced environment
What’s the earning potential?
• We offer a salary of £18-30k depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
• Award-winning training and education centre with two full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
• Table tennis and pool tables to play all day, every day!
• Computer game area – so get your game faces on
• Crèche on site – bring your little ones into work
• Gymnasium – great way to keep in shape
• Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
• Football/netball/running clubs
• Steam room to relax
• Monthly pub quizzes – friends and family can also come along
• Birthdays off as a paid holiday
• Free fruit delivered fresh to the office daily
• Bar – free drinks on a Friday afternoon!
• An extra week holiday when you get married
• Recording studio
• Onsite parking
• Summer BBQs at the founder’s home
• UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 expected to attend in 2016
• Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
• Private BUPA healthcare cover
• Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
• Family days out to Chester Zoo
• Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
• Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
• Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
• £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software deemed to be useful to the business
• Reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing to Switzerland!
• Top performers achieve VIP parking
• We’re also big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1k after 5 years with us and an amazing £10k bonus after 10 years in the family
• Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
• Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
• Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contribution