Insurance, risk management and financial planning advice for media businesses
By Phil Worthington, Lucas Fettes
Media is a fast moving industry, which presents a unique set of risks and challenges to the businesses working within it. Lucas Fettes are an independent insurance broker and independent financial adviser with over 25 years’ experience in the sector. We pride ourselves on providing the same quality of service and competitive pricing to all our media clients, from small start-ups through to large international groups. Our Manchester office location means we are well placed to serve the needs of media clients throughout the North and we have a wealth of experience to help you identify, understand and manage the unique insurance, risk management and financial planning challenges your business faces.
Insurance in particular can often be a confusing and potentially intimidating subject, so we are offering independent advice to help you protect your business for a secure and profitable future.
Protecting your business when the unexpected happens
We deal with the full spectrum of media related insurance and risk management issues, so whatever your challenges are, the chances are we have already helped others overcome them. We can provide advice on:
- how to plan, build and implement an insurance programme that meets the specific requirements of your business
- specialist insurance cover available to the media sector, for example Advertising Agents Indemnity, Media Indemnity, Hired/Owned Equipment, Non-Appearance, and more
- what you require in terms of Employers Liability, Professional Indemnity and Public Liability
- claims handling
- the importance of and implementation of risk management procedures to protect your business should the worst happen
- health and safety and employment law
Helping you grow a sustainable, profitable business
We can help you ensure that your employee benefits provision is suitable for your business and your employees, is cost effective and complies with current and future legislation. Through the right provision, we also aim to help you attract, retain and protect the best staff – crucial in an industry in which employee turnover can be high and the success of your business relies upon talented people.
- advise you on what you need to do to meet your automatic enrolment duties as part of the Pensions Reform (and how to make automatic enrolment work for your business)
- offer guidance in setting up and administering pensions schemes
- help you review your broader employee benefits provision and understand the value your employees place on it
- advise you on how to insure yourself and your employees against accident, illness or death, for example through Key Person, Partnership and Shareholder Protection; Group Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness cover; Private Medical Cover; Employee Assistance Programmes and Dental Cover
Helping you achieve your personal lifestyle goals
We also provide insurance, financial planning and wealth management services to individuals who require a highly personalised service. We can advise you on protecting your personal assets, as well as more specialist cover such as Identity Fraud, Family Protection and Legal Expenses, through to how to build, manage and protect your wealth to give you the lifestyle you want now and in the future.