The Northern Marketing Awards 2015 are now open for entry across 20 categories spanning key professional specialisms of the marketing and marketing services industry.
The entry deadline is July 10 and the awards dinner, which is being held on Wednesday 21 October, will once again be the ‘must attend’ industry gathering this year for marketers in the North.
Over 300 marketers attended the inaugural awards dinner in 2013 and approaching 400 marketers attended the second dinner last year. We are confident that this year’s awards will see a further sizeable increase in numbers as the initiative has now securely established itself as the benchmark annual marketing industry services event outside London. (By way of reference, our broader Prolific North Awards have grown in size from over 500 guests in 2013 to 750 this year.)
The dinner at the Hilton hotel in Manchester on Wednesday 21 October will be host to the largest gathering of senior marketers and marketing professionals outside London in 2015 and the largest industry event this autumn in the North.
Now in their third year, the awards celebrate the excellence, creativity and achievements of the marketing industry in the North. The region benefits from an abundance of quality communications initiatives generated each year by thousands of successful private and public companies and not-for-profit sector bodies.
And hugely popular Prolific North initiatives such as the Top 100 Brands, Top 50 Integrated Agencies, Top 50 PR agencies and Top 50 Digital Agencies, simply reinforce the abundance of marketing expertise there is in the North.
To submit an entry or to get more specific information about the Awards, please visit our dedicated website at www.northernmarketingawards.co.uk or contact Charlotte Clark Thompson at Don’t Panic on 01706 828855 or at email@example.com.
The submitting company or agency or their client must be headquartered or have an operational base within the North of England.
We are delighted to announce that once again the leading search marketing agency, Click Consult, has elected to come alongside the NMAs as the headline partner.
Click Consult was our joint headline partner in 2014 and was also our joint headline partner for the Prolific North Awards this year along with dock10.
We are also pleased that we will be working again with the advertising and media support group NABS for whom we helped raise a four-figure sum last year.
Once again we have assembled an outstanding group of judges to help us ensure the whole process is managed and ultimately decided upon with the greatest possible degree of marketing expertise and professionalism.
And we are really pleased to welcome back so many judges from 2014 and to welcome eight new outstanding judges who have agreed to join the panel.
The full list of judges and their biogs can be found later in this article and at this link.
Last year we were fortunate to secure John Maltby, the chief executive of the soon-to-be-relaunched bank Williams and Glyn, was the awards guest speaker and we will be announcing shortly the identity of another outstanding industry speaker as this year’s guest speaker.
Williams & Glyn, which is in the process of being spun out of the RBS, will be headquartered in Manchester and will be one of the UK’s largest banks when it becomes an independent operation. The marketing team which ultimately reports to Maltby, will also be based in Manchester and will have a launch marcomms budget of over £40m.
This year’s guest speaker has different but equally impressive industry credentials as someone who oversees a major operation with a substantial marketing budget.
The Northern Marketing Awards 2015 – the categories
The 20 categories on offer are:
• BEST B2B CAMPAIGN
• BEST B2C CAMPAIGN
• BEST FOOD & DRINK CAMPAIGN
• BEST NOT-FOR-PROFIT CAMPAIGN
• BEST PROFESSIONAL & FINANCIAL SERVICES CAMPAIGN
• BEST PROPERTY & CONSTRUCTION CAMPAIGN
• BEST RETAIL (ON AND OFF-LINE) CAMPAIGN
• BEST SPORT CAMPAIGN
• BEST TOURISM & LEISURE CAMPAIGN
• BEST CSR CAMPAIGN
• BEST LOW-BUDGET CAMPAIGN – UNDER £50K
• BEST TV COMMERCIAL CAMPAIGN
• BEST DIRECT MAIL CAMPAIGN
• BEST OUTDOOR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN
• BEST SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
• BEST SUSTAINABLE/GREEN CAMPAIGN
• BEST USE OF RESEARCH OR INSIGHT
• BEST IN HOUSE TEAM
• BEST SMALL AGENCY (UP TO 30 EMPLOYEES)
• BEST LARGE AGENCY (31 OR MORE EMPLOYEES)
We are fortunate to have secured so many outstanding judges to help decide upon the process and the winners. A majority of our judges were judges for the first two award dinners but we’re also pleased that several new faces have joined us to take the number of judges this year to 20 (17 last year).
Julie Besbrode, Entrepreneur and formerly Group Chief Executive Officer at Fresh Approach
- Michael McIntyre, Head of Agency Sales, Global Radio
- Sarah Bradley, Managing Director, Acquire New Business
- Andrew Diggle, Head of Content, Manchester United
- Will Stone, Stone & Company
- Mick Style, Managing Director, MEC Manchester
- Jacqui Gay, Communications Manager, UK City of Culture, Hull
- Gary Jenkins – PR and Media consultant
- Liliana Ashton, Director of eCommerce, Eurocamp UK
- Katrina Michel, CEO, Marketing Cheshire
- Paul Wheeler, CEO, Mediacom North
- Ian Cassidy, director, CTI Digital
- Jason Spencer, Business Development Director, ITV
- Stacey Bird, PR & Communications manager, Nisa
- Professor Anthony Patterson, Professor of Marketing, University of Liverpool
- Michael Taylor, Events Producer and Communications Consultant
- Lee Humphries, Director of Regional Sales, JCDecaux
- Karen Webber, Marketing Director, Axonn Media
- Andy Garner, Managing Director, SMS-Media
- Elliot Muscant, Managing Partner, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Ian Ratcliffe, Head of Communications and Public Involvement, Stockport MBC